Speaking is the most important part of learning a language and can also be the most difficult. ChinesePod is trying to solve this problem by helping our members organize meetups around the world to practice their Mandarin and take part in Chinese cultural activities. Every month, the ChinesePod team will select a weekend for our global meetups; we will create a topic and event outline so that you can meetup and practice with other Chinese Poddies.
How do I participate in ChinesePod Meetups?
- Our first ChinesePod Club global meetup will take place on June 29th, 2013, and we want to invite you to join in on the fun by organizing or participating in an event of your own. The theme of our first meetup will be Sex and Relationships, and we will explore lesson topics covering Chinese culture regarding sex, beauty, and relationships.
- If you are interested in either organizing or attending our ChinesePod Club meetups, please go to our meetup page and either join your closest community or click ‘Start a New Community’ if one does not yet exist in your area.
- Start or join a meetup here
I am interested in organizing a meetup – What should I do?
- ChinesePod Club meetup organizers will receive plenty of support from our team. We provide an Organizer Guide to get you started planning your event, giving you information on everything from selecting a venue to finding new members for your ChinesePod community. To thank our organizers for their support, we will be giving out special gifts, such as promo codes and ChinesePod t-shirts!
- So what does a ChinesePod Club meetup look like? It can be at a quiet coffee shop or in a park or maybe even at a local Chinese restaurant. You may have a large group attending or just you and a friend practicing and speaking Mandarin together. There is no one way to host a ChinesePod Club meetup. Just have fun with it!
- For access to our organizer materials and for more information on organizing a meetup, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to growing the ChinesePod Club community with you all!